Re: [DotGNU]Jabber - How to make it Official

From: Chris Smith
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Jabber - How to make it Official
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 17:56:05 +0100

On Tuesday 02 April 2002 14:53, Chris Smith wrote:

> The VRS itself uses XML via SOAP or XML-RPC, so building
> a Jabber Bridge would be fairly trivial.

In fact, having just (loosely) read the Jabber protocol
spec and drawn a few diagrams, I'm quite excited by this.

If all dotGNU network components (for want of a better
description) support Jabber, then inter-opperability
between different development efforts is guaranteed
(SEE to VRS etc).

Is there a service/resource discovery mechanism within Jabber?
And can someone point me at a suitable spec (as techie as
you like) so I can do a quick digest and review it's
suitability for some VRS work I've got to chomp through?

Thanks.
Chris

--
Chris Smith
  Technical Architect - netFluid Technology Limited.