[DotGNU]Re: [Bizplan] revolutionary hierarchy......bad

From: S11001001
Subject: [DotGNU]Re: [Bizplan] revolutionary hierarchy......bad
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 19:37:07 -0600

Norbert Bollow wrote:

on a public list like [bizplan], what if a really great name is
proposed, and then someone grabs the corresponding domain names
and is not willing to give them to the company?

Maybe, for purposes of discussing the name (and other matters
where publicly revealing information may have bad side effects)
a non-public mailing list should be created, to which everyone
would be invited who has so far made a positive contribution to
the DotGNU project?

What do you think?

We are on exactly the same page here :). In fact, I considered the possibility of domain-name/trademark grabbing (think Linux) seriously enough that I almost chose to send the list I wrote to a few key DotGNU members only. However, I believe that I placed enough possible variation in that list to cause no concern (BTW, Platonium, someone else already thought of it :( )

Also, the current lack of PR situation is useful in this circumstance. However, to maintain democracy, the 'private list' should ONLY include those topics, and any topic discussed should have a stated reason that it is kept private.

--
lp1 on fire
        -- One of the more obfuscated kernel messages