[DotGNU]DotGNU testing standards

From: Gopal.V
Subject: [DotGNU]DotGNU testing standards
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 20:42:57 +0530

Hi Guys,
        I was having a chat with the official code breaker "Dave
-redtalons- Manning". He was enquiring about whether there is
any GNU testing standards. I have read the GNU Coding standards,
but is there a GNU testing standard. If there isn't one , should
DotGNU have one ?.

        Speaking more specifically, can we formulate a Testing Standard
for Pnet ?. Unlike the unit test framework, people like Dave test
things in a less reproducible method. So what are the parameters,
ie steps taken,data input.. etc which have to be noted down for
ensuring the problem is reproducible. There is no meaning in going
around saying that "I broke it". Unlike developers debugging code,
testers cannot pinpoint the error in the code. That is asking too
much from them.

        So the question is "Does/Should dotGNU have a Testing standard".

Gopal.V

Ps: pnet will need half-a-dozen of testers to keep up with Rhys ;-)
--
 The difference between insanity and genius is only measured by success