Re: [DotGNU]Non-stop authentication with Linux clusters

From: Barry Fitzgerald
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Non-stop authentication with Linux clusters
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2002 09:22:49 -0500

Norbert Bollow wrote:

> > Now if we could just do this with a p2p dataserver:
> >
> > http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/esdd/articles/linux_clust/index.html?t=gr,p=AuthClusters
>
> Yes, that's what we need.
>
> Who's going to lead this project?

I'll lead it.

I'm hereby announcing my intention to create a project on the following
lines:

A C# Distributed AppServer with failover and clustering support.  The
concepts applied in this article can be generalized to all forms of
application serving in a generic fashion.  When combined with
DotGNU-SEE, and Portable.Net - this appserver framework will provide the
base for a complete, one package, .Net and hailstorm alternative.

The pre-requisites to the creation of this project include the creation
or completion of the following:

        - Minimal Secure Execution Environment
        - Portable.Net C# compiler
        - Portable.Net ILrun
        - Portable.Net pnetlib (At least the classes that we need to complete
this application, which may be extensive)

Doing this in C# will provide a good real-world testbase for Pnet and
will provide a good way to tie the entire project together.

Let's start the discussion here for now.  Once the project is created,
I'll create mailing lists specifically for it.

All comments are welcome.

        -Barry