Re: [DotGNU]Jabber Server and GPL

From: Peter Saint-Andre
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Jabber Server and GPL
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 16:10:40 -0600 (CST)

If you guys really really want a GPL'd Jabber server, you could just go
back to the codebase for the old 1.0 version of the open-source server,
which was released under the GPL rather than the JOSL. Source code for all
versions of the server is available here:

http://download.jabber.org/dists/

The 1.0 codebase is missing some features and performance enhancements
that were added for 1.2 and especially 1.4, but it's certainly usable.
However, I can also follow up on the idea of releasing the 1.4 server
under the GPL.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre