Re: [DotGNU]P2P IM services (was: IM Services)

From: Gopal.V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]P2P IM services (was: IM Services)
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 16:26:53 +0530

Hi,
> >     If we could use the JOSS, would we only need to write the gnutella t
> > ransport. ( Or do we need a full architectural modification ).
> > Please answer .
        I said "IF", and in case anyone misunderstands it, it means GPL
compatible. Even if JOSS becomes GPL compatible, implementing P2P
may require a some modification. I was asking about the level of
modifications required.
> Hence we really must uphold the standard that all software we
> rely on must be GPL'd, or at least have GPL-compatible
> licensing.  This standard also has practical benefits of making
> much it easier to re-use code from one project in another
> project.
        And never forget the ethical advantages of using GPL. GNU
is more about freedom than practical advantages.
> However, Adam seems to think that he can get the licensing
> problem of JOSS fixed.  Let's see if this works out.
        This is what I meant by "if we could use JOSS".

Gopal.V
--
GNUGNU  's   NN    NN  UU    UU
GG           OO \  OO  NN    NN