dotgnu-auth

[Auth]Somebody on this list has an e-mail worm -- please scan your syste

From: Barry Fitzgerald
Subject: [Auth]Somebody on this list has an e-mail worm -- please scan your systems if you use an MS mail client.
Date: Sat, 04 May 2002 12:23:03 -0400

Hello,

        As the current list-admin, I get to filter non-member mail from this
list.  I believe that somebody on this list who uses an MS mail client
(Outlook or Outlook express most likely) has contracted a Klez style
e-mail worm that massmails to people in your address book from others in
your address book.  If you use an MS mail client, I request that you
scan your hard drive with an up to date virus scanner.  It's a pain in
the *** to reject dozens of worm traffic e-mails.  It is possible that
it could be nobody on this list, becuase the latest versions of klez can
get e-mail addresses from web pages.  However, please scan your system
just in case, thanks.

(Obviously, if you're using a GNU/Linux mail client - you don't really
have to worry much. :) )

        -Barry