dotgnu-auth

[Auth]IDsec specification draft

From: Hans Zandbelt
Subject: [Auth]IDsec specification draft
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 11:08:15 +0100

Hi all,

I am prepering a specification document for IDsec; it is not finished
yet but I have attached the document in its current form.

I think that may clarify some of the questions raised on this mailing
list and I hope that people will comment on other issues. I will finish
the document later after processing comments.

I suggest that we put all our ideas in this document and that we come up
with a commonly agreed architecture. If we succeed, I think that in the
near future this document could serve as a basis for the "offical" DotGNU
Virtual Identity system; that is after approval of the steering
committee :-)

Next week I won't be working on IDsec because I'll be visiting the
IETF conference in Salt Lake City. Maybe I get a chance to meet
some of you there? There is an interesting activity going on in
the OPES group (www.ietf-opes.org) about personalisation of
content and services. See http://pcs.eng.registro.br/.
The W3C also does related work: http://www.w3.org/P3P/

Please send me an e-mail if you are at IETF-52 as well and you would
like to discuss DotGNU Virtual Identities.

Hans.

Hans Zandbelt                         address@hidden
Telematica Instituut                     http://www.telin.nl
P.O.Box 589, 7500 AN                   Phone: +31 53 4850445
Enschede, Netherlands                    Fax: +31 53 4850400