dotgnu-auth

Re: [Auth]marketing strategy

From: Kenneth Peiruza
Subject: Re: [Auth]marketing strategy
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 12:48:15 +0200

El Saturday 11 August 2001 10:31, Norbert Bollow escribió:
> "Kurt L. Sussman" <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Ron Burk <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> [..]

> > > It's the entire ecosystem that matters here. Attracting the web page
> > > monkeys is at least as critical as signing up the vendors. That's why
> > > it's important that the mechanism be accessible to even the most
> > > non-technical creator of web pages.
> >
> > OK, then the HTML editor vendors should be contacted next, so they can
> > include templates for building dotGNU-compatible forms, right? And once
> > there's a working client, we(*) need to write articles for all the web
> > design sites on building and using dotGNU-compatible forms.
>
> Sounds like a workable marketing strategy to me.
>
> Greetings, Norbert.

Mee too, but it's true. We need a target market in order to place our
products.

The market is there, what we really need to do to be successful is, IMHO,
create or modify (also within plugins) software able to generate DotGNU
enabled sites easily.

Dunno if the Redmond guys had ever done this kind of docs, but te do this
kind of soft, enabling plain-encefalogram-guys to create sites whithin their
"custom&uncompatible" "improvements".

Bluefish needs to be more Dreamweaver-alike, because it's so nice for CGI
developers but still a bit unfriendly to those who don't know much about HTML.

I'll take a look into bluefish's homepage, I hope someone has started this
kind of feature, I don't feel enought self-confident to code GTK right now.

C U l8R!