dotgnu-auth

Re: [Auth]Re: Auth digest, Vol 1 #22 - 8 msgs

From: Albert Scherbinsky
Subject: Re: [Auth]Re: Auth digest, Vol 1 #22 - 8 msgs
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 08:56:33 -0400

OK, there are lots of good reasons for form filling software
vendors to cooperate around a standard. Why should they
cooperate with GNU/FreeDevelopers.net? Here is a quote from
the FreeDevelopers.net web site"

"Who is the enemy?

Our enemy is the proprietary software companies and the
managers at the top of
those companies. These are the people that
disproportionately benefit from
perpetuating the system of proprietary developer servitude,
which results from
hiding the code. As Richard Stallman has said, hiding the
code divides and
disenfranchises the developers, thereby empowering the
proprietary software
companies as it weakens the developers. This cabal will
fight us furiously and to
the end."

I don't think it is a stretch to say that this is not
entirely friendly to the software vendors. :(

Albert