dotgnu-auth

[Auth]Re: [Arch]a couple of questions and suggestions

From: Martin Coxall
Subject: [Auth]Re: [Arch]a couple of questions and suggestions
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 09:24:11 +0100

Microsoft plans to provide a large number of web services as part of the
hailstorm initiative, using the passport authentication and authorisation
mechanism.

As I see it, we must make sure that we have free alternatives not only to the
authentication and authorisation mechanisms, but to each service covered by
Hailstorm. Therefore, at the very least, dotGNU should provide web services
that handle the following:

online identity management
names, nickname, birthdays, anniversaries, pictures, video clips etc.
address book
rendez-vous facilities, net meetings, conferencing, gatherings etc.
notificatios, alerts management and intelligent routing
inbox items, interacting seamlessly with existing mail systems, voice mail
and SMS engines.
project, time and task management
document storage and virtual "hard drives"
intelligent mirroring of application settings, configuration data
bookmarks and other Web configuration and identification data
digital wallet and other transaction records
device configuration and discovery capabilities
And, of course, reporting, logging, configuration etc. of the above services.

I am sure you can all think of many more.

---
Martin
---

"Where laughing and smiling are not allowed"