dolibarr-user

Re: [Dolibarr-user] Dolibarr implementation cost

From: Yannick Warnier
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-user] Dolibarr implementation cost
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 15:20:18 +0000

Le vendredi 23 février 2007 à 14:35 +0000, Nizar LYAZIDI a écrit :
> Hi,
> Does anybody here know the overall cost of implementing Dolibarr in a
> SME, and how long does the process last? and, too, what are training
> fees? (if there are trainigs). I'm working on a comparison between
> open source solutions for SME, and this kind of details aren't really
> available.
> Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi Nizar,

I don't have the numerical evaluation you need, but let's try it. At
BeezNest, we only deal (so far) with professional freelance clients (I
would describe them not as people who can solve their problems
themselves, but rather people who understand the value of money and
understand that customisations range from very fast to very slow).

So far, for 3 clients, we have reached a total of 40 hours of work to
have the initial hosting architecture and the first three platforms
ready. The clients range from one to three-person companies, so ultra
small companies.

When considering one client's setup on its own, it only take about 1
hour to setup the system, with basic configuration (VAT Rates, encoding
the company details and admin + one account). Then comes the
customisation (the invoice templates generally are the greatest
time-consumer there because to draw a template that looks like the
client's, you have to redefine the template by coding FPDF code, which
is not visual at all).

Apart from that, we have not had training requests so far but our
clients have been asking some questions on the basic usage. I would say
it takes about 2 hours per client to get them started, but only because
we only deal with one person.

System upgrade-wise, we use the same code repository for all the
clients, and only the temporary directory and the documents directory
change, so the upgrade time is pretty much only 15 minutes per client +
checks.

Please, don't hesitate to come back and communicate the results of your
findings on other CMSes here.

Yannick