dolibarr-user

Re: RE : [Dolibarr-user] Suggestion

From: guillaume . carta
Subject: Re: RE : [Dolibarr-user] Suggestion
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 22:09:50 +0100

Salut la liste;

> Pour le catalogage des produits, je suggère d’intégrer PHPCatalog qui
> utilise la norme officielle de catalogage à 4-5 niveaux UNSPSC très
> généralement utilisée dans les grosses boîtes.

je me permet de réagir quant à cette suggestion pour souligner que PHPcatalog
est un produit dont la licence ne semble pas être en accord avec les libertés
fondamentales du logiciel libre . Je peux cependant me tromper, voici donc un
extrait de cette licence que l'on peut consulter sur le site de sylicon.sys pour
vous faire un avis.

extrait :
PHPCatalog License

By installing and using PHPCatalog on your server, you agree to the following
terms and conditions:
Those pertaining to all versions and modules of PHPCatalog:

    1. PHPCatalog source code may be altered (at the owners risk), but the
software (altered or otherwise) may not be distributed to entities beyond the
license holder without the explicit written permission of siliconsys.com.

    2. All PHPCatalog copyright notices within public and administrative
templates must remain unchanged (and visible).

    3. PHPCatalog may not be used for anything that would represent or is
associated with an Intellectual Property Violation, including, but not limited
to, engaging in any activity that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual
property rights of others, including copyrights, trademarks, service marks,
trade secrets, software piracy, and patents held by individuals, corporations,
or other entities.

    4. If any terms are violated, siliconsys.com reserves the right to revoke
the license at any time. siliconsys.com reserves the right to modify these terms
at any time. This license is governed by the laws of The State of Texas.

Those pertaining to PHPCatalog+ commercial version and modules only:

    1. A PHPCatalog+ license grants you the right to run one instance (a single
installation) of PHPCatalog on one web server and one web site for each license
purchased. Each license may power one instance of PHPCatalog+ on one domain. For
each installed instance of the program, a separate license is required.

    2. All customers must submit the URL where they are using (or plan to use)
each license. The URL can be submitted via the PHPCatalog+ purchase form or
members area.

    3. Registered users may modify the PHPCatalog+ code for their personal use
(at their own risk), but any altered code must not be redistributed or resold in
any form.

    4. Refunds will be given at the sole discretion of siliconsys.com.

If you do not agree to these terms you are expressly forbidden to install, use
or possess PHPCatalog source code in any form.

Bien sûr je fais cette remarque parce que Dolibarr (et là j'ai peu de doute) a
vocation d'être libre.

Librement

Guillaume.