dolibarr-dev

Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Forum send plaintext password on mail confirmation

From: Jean Traullé
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Forum send plaintext password on mail confirmation
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2019 18:01:13 +0000

Hello Km,

Thanks for reporting this.

The passwords are not stored in plaintext in the database but are salted and
hashed before being stored.
An email is however sent with the plain text password before being salted and
hashed to be stored in the database.

I agree with you that this is considered bad practice to send emails with
plaintext passwords (as email should be considered an insecure media).

We are in the process of transitioning to a new forum software (starting with
the French community forum).
My research for Discourse can be read at
https://wiki.dolibarr.org/index.php/User:Jtraulle/DiscourseMigration

Please, note that others users are considering others forum software.

But this should be fixed with that transition.

Jean