dmidecode-devel

Patch: dmidecode --json

From: Jiri Hnidek
Subject: Patch: dmidecode --json
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2023 17:19:18 +0200

Hi,
I just finished the patch for dmidecode adding CLI option --json providing
machine readable output. Compilation of dmidecode requires the json-c
library. When --json CLI option is used, then the output is written to
stdout using JSON format. This could be useful, when another application
tries to parse output of dmidecode. The code was tested with valgrind and
there should not be any memory leaks.

This patch is obviously big. I use github for hosting my remote repository
with this change. You can see/review/test this new feature in this PR:

https://github.com/jirihnidek/dmidecode/pull/2

The patch is available as set of patches here:
https://patch-diff.githubusercontent.com/raw/jirihnidek/dmidecode/pull/2.patch

Or it is also available as one big patch here:
https://patch-diff.githubusercontent.com/raw/jirihnidek/dmidecode/pull/2.diff

Any feedback is welcome.

Jiri

--
Jiri Hnidek
Senior Software Engineer, Team Candlepin, Red Hat