Re: General Design Guidelines for GNUstep and apps

From: Ondrej Florian
Subject: Re: General Design Guidelines for GNUstep and apps
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2024 10:00:25 +0200

On 2024-04-04 09:07:36 +0200 Thomas <t.heckert@gmx.de> wrote:

As Ricardo mentioned could you test wether this strange menu behavior is caused by GDSE please or is there another reason?

The reason why this doesn't work is missing support from the window manager (windowmaker).

1. GNUstep will send out custom X11 event (root window I believe)
2. wmaker will interpret the signal and hide/show windows as requested
3. wmaker will also need to send signals back to all GNUstep windows to inform them what has just happened (careful, there might be a race issue here)

This does not work correctly and as it breaks existing focus behaviour, I decided to disable it.

Thanks,
Ondrej