Re: Installation script

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Installation script
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 11:53:43 +0100

Hi,

Thomas wrote:
By the way I have some Questions;-). The Service parts from the main menue
(GWorkspace) don´t work at all, right (for instance starting a new task in
Simple Agenda)? Is it a task for Smalltalk (Steptalk)? How can it be fixed?  In
Gorm there is the effect that Gorm completely shuts down when you test an
unsafed project and try to end this test with shortcut #q…. don´t know the
reason. Also the Icons a a little misplaced in the windows…..

a  bit off-topic from the scripts... but maybe not totally.

Services are passed over to the corresponding applications. I only have two installed right now and they work for me in GWorkspace. Ink opens file and for directories, Terminal opens shell there.

First doubt would be the provider of the service more than GWorkspace / NSWorkspace.

Before all that, run "make_services" again and restart GWorkspace and see if it helps.

If that fixes it, make_services should be run better from the scripts you are using.

Riccardo