Cool News!!! I fixed a long standing bug in Gorm!!! XIB <-> Gorm convers

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Cool News!!! I fixed a long standing bug in Gorm!!! XIB <-> Gorm conversion works!!!
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2023 05:10:18 -0500

Hey guys,

I hadn't had time to sit and go over some of the issues that had been bothering me in Gorm over the last year.   This weekend I resolved to find one of the bugs that had been irking me for a while...

Gorm has been able to load XIB files for a while now.  I recently added the ability for Gorm to SAVE XIB files from the application.  One thing that bugged me though (no pun intended) is that when you load a XIB and save it as a gorm file the resulting gorm file would not load successfully.

I realized that the issue was not in the saving of the gorm but in the loading of the XIB.  As it turns out the loader was incorrectly using GSNibItem (a stand-in object used in gorm files) as a proxy for NSCustomObject.   This is ENTIRELY incorrect and, it seems as though I had started to correct the issue way back but got distracted by work and never finished it.  (story of my life)

So, once I found that issue I set about correcting the problem so that it is now possible for Gorm to load a XIB and save it to a Gorm file and vice-versa.  I have tested this with Xcode and the resulting XIB files work perfectly.  The .gorm files work as well.  It wasn't a simple fix, but it was VERY cathartic to finish this and that's why I wanted to share it with you guys.

I am privileged to be a part of this community and I wanted to say how much I appreciate every single one of you.  You are all excellent developers and great people.

Yours very sincerely,
--
Gregory Casamento
https://www.patreon.com/bePatron?u=352392 - Become a Patron