Re: Debian12 repository.

From: Andreas Fink
Subject: Re: Debian12 repository.
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 16:44:03 +0100

its not only about converting your code. There is a gazillion of libraries which users use which had been developed by others. Converting everything backwards is a drawback.

Think of if you try to convert the linux kernel back to K&R C. Its doable but its a very bad idea.

My main app originally was in C. I moved to ObjectiveC due to its excellent memory mansgement. Never the less I managed to forget a few release calls eating up memory. ARC has severely simplified my life. Going back would mean changing 500'000 lines of code. Errors will sure be created.

--
Sent from Canary