Repo for debian

From: Andreas Fink
Subject: Repo for debian
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2023 11:25:59 +0100

Hello all

I'm working on setting up a debian repository wtih a up to date build of debian12 and ubuntu22 for amd64 and arm64 architectures.
My current repo installs all on /usr/local/ but for proper system wide use /usr should be used as prefix instead.

so I use

export PREFIX="/usr"

cmake ... -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=${PREFIX} ...

and

./configure --prefix=${PREFIX}

gnustep-make also has
            --with-layout=debian

when configuring the individual packages

this seem to do the trick but I fail with gnustep-gui somehow

This one seems to always install into /usr/local whatever I do. Nothing goes into /usr/lib or /usr/include

by looking at the config I only see these which should end up in /usr/local

# NB: $prefix will be added to all the MAKEFILES/SYSTEM/NETWORK/LOCAL
GNUSTEP_LOCAL_APPS=/local/lib/GNUstep/Applications
GNUSTEP_LOCAL_ADMIN_APPS=/local/lib/GNUstep/Applications
GNUSTEP_LOCAL_WEB_APPS=/local/lib/GNUstep/WebApplications
GNUSTEP_LOCAL_TOOLS=/local/bin
GNUSTEP_LOCAL_ADMIN_TOOLS=/local/sbin
GNUSTEP_LOCAL_LIBRARY=/local/lib/GNUstep
GNUSTEP_LOCAL_HEADERS=/local/include/GNUstep
GNUSTEP_LOCAL_LIBRARIES=/local/lib
GNUSTEP_LOCAL_DOC=/local/share/GNUstep/Documentation
GNUSTEP_LOCAL_DOC_MAN=/local/share/man
GNUSTEP_LOCAL_DOC_INFO=/local/share/info

So I'm kind of lost on where this is coming from

/bin/gnustep-config --installation-domain-for="">
returns LOCAL

Any hints?

Andreas