Re: libobj2 changes

From: Andreas Fink
Subject: Re: libobj2 changes
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 17:16:11 +0200

Yes I recompiled everything from scratch on a new empty VM.
I don't think its a bug in libobjc2 but more a changed behaviour which
has a side effect in my application.

I have been through the hell of incorrectly compiled libraries a couple
of times before (not compiling with right clang or gold linker etc) and
I know these pitfalls.
The make check's however all succeed (except the ones which always fail
in some date formatting area which are really edge cases which are not
really relevant).  So I doubt its a compilation issue. And in this case
its the same compiler I use all the time and the same operating system
version (Debian 10).

I don't get any crashes. Everything looks good from the outside. Just my
application (which does a lot of network communications via SCTP
sockets) starts to fail  by loosing communication links. And this stuff
is nothing really special. Its heavily multithreaded (with the matching
locks etc) and throws exception when it tries to send data and the
socket returns an error (link down, buffer full etc etc) which then are
catched further up. If a new kind of exception is thrown in such a case,
it could terminate the thread. Thats why I'm on the lookout for what has
changed exactly which could result in such a scenario. I'm pretty sure
it's super easy to fix but currently hard to find. Thats why I'm looking
for clues & hints on where to look more closely.