GNUstep Emacs menu crash

From: Alan Third
Subject: GNUstep Emacs menu crash
Date: Mon, 3 May 2021 15:21:14 +0100

Hi,

I'm trying to fix the GNUstep port of Emacs but have run into a
problem with menus that I'm unsure how to solve.

Basically using the menus often causes the application to seg fault.
It appears to be related to closing menus. I'm not very clear on how
GNUstep actually works (I've mostly been working on the macOS port),
so some pointers would be appreciated.

When an option in a submenu is clicked Emacs rebuilds the entire menu
structure. If I interact with the menus after this it often results in
an immediate crash.

Do we need to explicitly close all the menus before rebuilding them?
When I click on the entry in the submenu, that submenu closes but the
parent remains, is that normal or is something broken?

Thanks!
--
Alan Third