Re: NSMenuItem setAttributedTitle

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: NSMenuItem setAttributedTitle
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 13:21:12 +0200

I think you're reading it correctly. Depending on this across platforms would be a tricky proposition; even if NSMenuItem supports it, I expect only partial compatibility on native themes on various platforms.

A great way to support this would be to try implementing it NSMenuItem and in gnustep-back, and in drawing methods in various themes etc, and contributing back. (Specifically, I'm wondering about win32 theme and, if DBusMenu gets used, what happens with that.)

As far as I can tell, views in menus are also not supported, so that's not a way out.

sent from phone