Re: LIVEstep - FreeBSD based live CD

From: Liam Proven
Subject: Re: LIVEstep - FreeBSD based live CD
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2020 20:14:40 +0200

On Thu, 1 Oct 2020 at 12:54, Johannes Brakensiek
<johannes@brakensiek.info> wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> there is a FreeBSD based live CD using GNUstep and the more modern
> looking adjustments by Alessandro and Bertrand. It’s created utilizing
> the FuryBSD live CD efforts.
>
> https://github.com/probonopd/LIVEstep
>
> Just to let you know.

I tried this out in VirtualBox yesterday. It's  really very impressive
-- it's the best-looking implementation of a GNUstep desktop I've seen
yet, with a Mac-like menu bar, a fairly complete set of apps, and with
some of the gaps (e.g. a web browser) filled with other FOSS
components.

It is a little incomplete, as it is an early work-in-progress, but
what is there so far is very impressive indeed. I will try to put it
on actual hardware next and see how it fares.

Email: lproven@cix.co.uk – gMail/gTalk/gHangouts: lproven@gmail.com