Re: ctrl-mouse drag does not work

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: ctrl-mouse drag does not work
Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 11:35:48 +0200

Hi,

Andreas Höschler via Discussion list for the GNUstep programming
environment wrote:
> and set the key modifiers to
>
> First command:        Left Meta
> First Alternate:              Left Alt
> First Control:                Left Control
>
> but this made no difference. I still can't initiate drag operations in my
> apps with Ctrl-Drag, neither under WindowMaker nor xfce. I instead get a
> context menu. So the window managers obviously steal the key mouse event!? :-(
>
> Anything I can do about that? Has anyone Gorm.app running under WindowMaker
> of xfce?

Yes, I have Gorm running and working.. and ctr-drag works to create outlets!

I have all modifier keys set to "none" in system preferences.

In WindowMaker I have "Mouse Grab Modifier" to "alt" of course, since
control would move the window otherwise :-P

Riccardo

PS: Now that you have system preferences you can also play with menu
positioning easily and tune other defaults withotu writing on the
command line or neededing a whle "theme"