GNUstep - look and feel

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: GNUstep - look and feel
Date: Fri, 8 May 2020 23:37:40 +0200

Hi all,

after fixing the little issue in NSAttributedString (our) rather complex database apps (developed on and for MacOSX) seem to be fully operational under Linux/GNUstep again. I tested a bunch of forms and encountered no more issues. That's so cool!

Thanks a lot to Fred, Riccardo and a few others that helped to track the problem down!!

 However, is there anything we can do to improve the look and feel of the apps a bit?

We had Etoile running on Solaris 10 many years ago. This helped a bit. But I understand Etoile is no longer maintained and probably no longer compatible with the latest GNUstep sources!?

Are you guys woking with this greyish NextStep look from the eighties? Or is there a trick to customise/improve the look and feel a bit? It would already help to have the menu at the top of the screen again (like on MasOSX or with Etoile)!?

Thanks a lot!!

Regards,

 Andreas