Re: NSHashTable with weak objects crashing

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: NSHashTable with weak objects crashing
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 09:17:29 +0100

On 30/07/2019 09:12, Frederik Seiffert wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion Jordan. That’s certainly concerning to hear about the segfaults you’re experiencing with weak references. Is this on ARMv7 only and do you think it could be related to the WeakReferences test failing (https://github.com/gnustep/libobjc2/issues/107)?

As I commented on the issue, I believe that one is caused by having too many hash collisions and the table being unable to resize. I plan at some point to replace the hash table implementation, which should fix that issue.

If anyone has a test case for reproduceable segfaults, please file an issue on GitHub.

David