Re: Receiving data from Udp sink to another linux terminal using netcat

From: Malte Lenhart
Subject: Re: Receiving data from Udp sink to another linux terminal using netcat
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 23:55:02 +0100

Hi,

your idea is correct, you can use "nc -klu <port>" (l = listening, k = keeps listening upon session close, u = udp. for more info just type in "man nc". sidenote: netcat is available through different packages in linux. if sth doesn't work for you try either nc, ncat, or netcat as base command.)

also check the documentation page for the udp sink, I think it might mention some possible optimizations on buffer sizes..
I noticed that netcat seems to be more performant than the gnu radio udp sink, plus it can be used for tcp connections as well. On linux you can use the gnu radio file sink to pipe into a FIFO, which in turn is read by netcat in a shell script. Just thought I mention it, I have no clue how that would work in windows and of course it is a bit of extra effort requiring you to learn even more things.

Cheers