Re: Synchronization: PPS and Tx signal in a USRP N200

From: isaac mario tupac davila
Subject: Re: Synchronization: PPS and Tx signal in a USRP N200
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 16:56:51 -0500

Hello

Thanks for the information !!!

I have a question regarding the parameter unknown pps. I'm focusing wrong, I think so ...

1. If I read the concept This method is used to sync when the edge of PPS is UNKNOWN. But when I use a N200, a trimble(GPS) and GRC (uhd:usrp source) with this configuration (unknown pps), my N200 gets synchronized using a trimble (known pps)... So , when should I use unknown PPS?

2. Also says It waits for the last pps and later set time next pps. In another website there is a method 1 to poll the USRP time registers.. Is unknown pps using the same method?...  I think the Method 1 is used for known PPS (trimble and USRP)

Regards
Isaac T.

imagen.png

https://files.ettus.com/manual/classuhd_1_1usrp_1_1multi__usrp.html#a413014bf3aea4a8ea2d268b4a3b390e9