Re: Changing output of selector block using stream tags

From: Barry Duggan
Subject: Re: Changing output of selector block using stream tags
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 12:14:49 -0600

Phillip,

If I understand your question, you want to 'turn on' the recording upon receiving an "enable" stream tag. I would look at the following blocks or maybe use a simple Embedded Python block:
https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/Mute
https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/Burst_Tagger
https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/Power_Squelch
https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/Standard_Squelch

Note: Mute outputs zeros when muted; the Selector outputs nothing when disabled.

For additonal ideas, look at https://github.com/duggabe/gr-control

Think outside the box.
---
Barry Duggan KV4FV