Adaptation of Federico La Roccas ISDB-T blocks for DVB-T

From: Ralf Gorholt
Subject: Adaptation of Federico La Roccas ISDB-T blocks for DVB-T
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 10:52:38 +0100

Dear all,

in order to benefit from Federicos ISDB-T block "OFDM Synchronization"
that performs a frequency and symbol rate correction I am currently
trying to adapt his blocks "OFDM Synchronization" and "TMCC Decoder" in
a way that makes them usable for DVB-T. To check if they work correctly
I have added some "debug printf()'s" and let them run in parallel to the
blocks in a flowgraph that works.

I am surprised that both of my blocks seem to work. My "TPS Decoder"
decodes the TPS carriers correctly and prints out the correct
information. The constellation diagram at the output of the OFDM
Synchronization seems to be correct as it shows the expected image plus
pilot and/or TPS carriers and at the output of the TPS decoder only the
constellation of the data carriers is visible. So far, so good.

Unfortunately, when I deactivate the original flowgraph, it does no
longer work and I get a -11 return code. Do you have any idea how I can
find out what happens here? I have attached my source code and a test
flow graph to this email. For information, when I bypass the Symbol
Inner Interleaver and connect the null sink directly to the output of
the TPS decoder the flowgraph does not crash (no -11).

I would be happy if someone (especially Federico :-) ) could take a look
at it. Perhaps he or she sees at a glance what I do not see.

Please do not forget that I am no experienced GNU radio user :-)

Thank you very much for your help!

Kind regards,

Ralf