Re: Raspberry Pi image with GNU Radio 3.10, SDRplay, and gr-radio_astro

From: Jeff Long
Subject: Re: Raspberry Pi image with GNU Radio 3.10, SDRplay, and gr-radio_astro
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2021 12:54:58 -0500

Great! Moving to 3.10 will make your life much easier.

On Thu, Dec 2, 2021 at 12:47 PM Glen Langston <glen.i.langston@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello everyone,

Sorry to have been a gnuradio "problem child" for so long.
Basically the only way we could overcome the various gnuradio coding
improvements was to beg for help.   Franco Venturi has been
marvelous!

Thanks to Franco pointing to links to useful webpages, our
troubled python code seems to be working correctly now.

Our Radio Astronomy group ended up jumping from gnuradio 3.7 to 3.10,
At least for the Raspberry PI 4 astronomy versions, it looks like we
may get everything running very soon.

For our little group, the relevant graph, vectordemo.grc, works fine now.
This design only uses python code I wrote and no C++ programs.
I pushed ra_vmedian.py and ra_vave.py back to our gr310 branch.
These are in the new python/radio_astro subdirectory.

Our updates probably should also be pushed back to earlier branches.
(How did this ever work?)   I’ll try to fix our WVURAIL/gr-radio_astro
3.8 main branch.

Hopefully, we’ll get to the bottom of the remaining code issues.

Cheers

Glen