the principle of "constellation modulator"?

From: ????????
Subject: the principle of "constellation modulator"?
Date: Fri, 7 May 2021 17:33:31 +0800

Recently I was learning the working principle of "constellation modulator". I read the file "generic_mod_demod.py" and realized that it is a hierarchical block. I was confused about its working principle, why there is no other action after it is connected to rrc_filter. What? Shouldn't the general IQ modulation have "acoswt-bsinwt" or "(a + bi) exp(-jwt)" operation? I haven't seen similar operations in the code, but the output of the "constellation modulator" is a baseband complex modulated signal. Is there anything else I can't see?
mod code:
        # Connect
        self._blocks = [self, self.bytes2chunks]
        if self.pre_diff_code:
            self._blocks.append(self.symbol_mapper)
        if differential:
            self._blocks.append(self.diffenc)
        self._blocks += [self.chunks2symbols, self.rrc_filter, self]
        self.connect(*self._blocks)