RE: Rust-lang

From: Getz, Robin
Subject: RE: Rust-lang
Date: Wed, 5 May 2021 22:12:02 +0000

Also, for PlutoSDR, there is an official RUST Crate:
https://crates.io/crates/industrial-io

https://docs.rs/industrial-io/0.2.0/industrial_io/

On Friday, April 23, 2021 6:02 PM, Derek Kozel wrote:

[External]

Hi Sam,

I started looking at using the CXX library for this, there's even a few CMake
examples. My hope is to make a Rust block similar to the current embedded
Python Block available in GRC. I've not made it to the point of even test code
though. If you want to look further into this I'd be very interested.
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://cxx.rs__;!!A3Ni8CS0y2Y!pmHLWRyGabkeaZkPyFvbdtymMQb_PmCzPZvgqf913PY_3V0bGBuFwA523FnpaFyx$

There are no plans to port the core of GNU Radio to Rust, but Bastian Blossel
has been doing some experiments around SDR runtimes in Rust.
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://github.com/bastibl/FutureSDR__;!!A3Ni8CS0y2Y!pmHLWRyGabkeaZkPyFvbdtymMQb_PmCzPZvgqf913PY_3V0bGBuFwA523GeFxfB4$

There are bindings for UHD and the SOAPY SDR device API, but I haven't tried
either.
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://github.com/samcrow/uhd-rust__;!!A3Ni8CS0y2Y!pmHLWRyGabkeaZkPyFvbdtymMQb_PmCzPZvgqf913PY_3V0bGBuFwA523GcSKSYU$
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://github.com/kevinmehall/rust-soapysdr__;!!A3Ni8CS0y2Y!pmHLWRyGabkeaZkPyFvbdtymMQb_PmCzPZvgqf913PY_3V0bGBuFwA523D9PzWnY$

Has anyone else looked or thought about this?

Cheers,
Derek
On 4/23/2021 8:53 PM, Carey, Samuel Craig via GNU Radio, the Free & Open-Source