Re: help for a sdr-based sound-art installation

From: Fabian Schwartau
Subject: Re: help for a sdr-based sound-art installation
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2021 17:23:55 +0100

Hi Stefano,

don't worry asking such questions here on the list. That's its purpose I
guess ;)
First of all: I was able to run both of your flowgraphs on my PC with a
HackRF One, so the problem lies somewhere else.
A small google search reavealed no perfect solution, but it indicated
that something may be wrong with your installation. Like gnuradio was
build against a certain library version but you are using a different one.
How did you install gnuradio on the Pi? What Pi is it exactly? An
original Pi 1 (A/B)? You may have trouble feeding 10 Msps though that
old hardware. But it should start anyway.
What OS are you using? Which version?
I would recommend installing gnuradio from the distro repositories using
apt. If you did so, a very simple solution may be to try a different
distribution (or version), like Raspi OS (Raspbian), Ubuntu, Arch, ...
there are many for the Pi. This will likely be a straight forward
workaround for your problem.
Nevertheless, I just tried it on one of my Pi 3 with a fairly clean and
up-to-date Raspi OS. I installed the following stuff:
$ sudo apt install gnuradio gr-osmosdr hackrf
And both of your flow graphs worked like a charm with that.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask them :)

Hope I could help,
Fabian