Re: Adding a set_sensitivity() function to VCO_C block

From: Jeff Long
Subject: Re: Adding a set_sensitivity() function to VCO_C block
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2021 09:47:14 -0500

You didn't mention editing gr-blocks/include/gnuradio/blocks/vco_c.h.

On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 9:39 AM Achilleas Anastasopoulos <anastas@umich.edu> wrote:
Hi all,

I am working with GNURADIO 3.7 and realized that the VCO blocks do not have functionality to change the sensitivity parameter during operation.
I wanted to use them for generating FSK signals.
I realized I can do that equivalently with the Frequency Mod block, so this is fine.

However I decided to add the set_sensitivity functionality to the VCO_c block.
So I did the following:

1) edited the vco_c_impl.h file

public:
      vco_c_impl(double sampling_rate, double sensitivity, double amplitude);
      ~vco_c_impl();
      void set_sensitivity(double sensitivity);

2) I edited the  vco_c_impl.cc file:
vco_c_impl::~vco_c_impl()
    {
    }

    void
    vco_c_impl::set_sensitivity(double sensitivity)
    {
      d_sensitivity = sensitivity;
      d_k = d_sensitivity / d_sampling_rate;
    }

3) I edited the blocks_vco_c.xml file:

<make>blocks.vco_c($samp_rate, $sensitivity, $amplitude)</make>
<callback>set_sensitivity($sensitivity)</callback>

4) After remaking/reinstalling gnuradio I do the following test in python:

>>> from gnuradio import blocks
>>> x=blocks.vco_c(1,2,3)
>>> x.set_sensitivity(4)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
AttributeError: 'vco_c_sptr' object has no attribute 'set_sensitivity'

5) In addition when I use the block in GRC and try to change the sensitivity I get similar errors.

So I know that somehow the python bindings are not generated.
I feel I have forgotten to edit some file before compilation, but do not remember which one has to be changed (it has been some time since I last did development work on the gnuradio code).

What am I missing?

thanks
Achilleas