IQ and complex signals tutorial

From: Christophe Seguinot
Subject: IQ and complex signals tutorial
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2021 16:20:15 +0100

Hi

Two months ago we had long discussions about why GNURadio was using complex signal, and what really is such a signal.

We talked about 'spinning dancer' 'sampling the data twice', and using "dogs as local oscillators". It was obvious that we need some tutorial.

I'm glad to introduce a new tutorial trying to answer this basic but important subject  https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/IQ_Complex_Tutorial

I was not able to cover the subject in 10 min, so I will not get the Noble price of education ( see Jeff long email from November the 3rd 2020) )

This tutorial should be considered as a draft, I can and want to improve it.

Regards, Christophe