Import Error with Custom Block

From: Adam Gorski
Subject: Import Error with Custom Block
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2020 00:02:33 +0000

Hello GR community,

I am getting familiarized with creating my own out of tree modules and custom blocks however I seem to be having execution issues.

To start, I am trying to replicate one of the gr-adsb blocks (decoder) within my custom module, then append some modifications once it's been copied.

So far, I have created my own oot module and added the decoder block with the following lines:

gr_modtool newmod adsb_mods
gr_modtool add adsb_decoder_mod

I then copy the original decoder python code into adsb_decoder_mod.py and do the same with the original decoder xml code. The module builds without issue.

When I attempt to run the GR flowgraph with adsb_decoder_mod inside of it, I get the following error:

___________________________

Generating: '/home/cci5g2/tcas/top_block.py'
>>> Warning: This flow graph may not have flow control: no audio or RF hardware blocks found. Add a Misc->Throttle block to your flow graph to avoid CPU congestion.

Executing: /usr/bin/python -u /home/cci5g2/tcas/top_block.py

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/cci5g2/tcas/top_block.py", line 27, in <module>
    import adsb_mods
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/adsb_mods/__init__.py", line 34, in <module>
    from adsb_decoder_mod import adsb_decoder_mod
ImportError: cannot import name adsb_decoder_mod

I have tried changing the executable directory in the cmake command however the error persists. What am I missing?

Thanks very much,
Adam