File Source in Hierarchical Block

From: Mirelle DeSpain
Subject: File Source in Hierarchical Block
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2020 15:05:41 -0600

Problem and Question
It seems that a file source in a hierarchical block doesn't start automatically as it does in a top block. I ran into this problem with a larger block of code, but was able to isolate it. I tested with both a number sink and a file sink and neither showed any activity coming from the file source.
Does anyone know how to manually start the file source? Preferably a line of code I could run.

Test Setup
This is one of the hierarchical blocks I was testing with. I then took the resulting block and ran it independently in a top module. No data was transferred. The other one involving the number sink showed only zeros. I don't believe it was receiving data either.
Screenshot from 2020-08-20 15-02-33.png