Re: audio sink RuntimeError: audio_oss_sink

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: audio sink RuntimeError: audio_oss_sink
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2020 13:50:51 +0200

Hi Rick,

does it work when you put nothing in the device field? (because that
should select the default audio architecture, ALSA in your case, and use
the default device, which would be Pulse Audio sitting behind "default".)
Using "sysdefault" can normally fail, since that might not be a
shareable device. "default" is really what you'd normally be going for.
A program I like to use to see which programs use Pulseaudio, natively
or through the "default" ALSA device, by the way, is `pavucontrol`.

Best regards,
Marcus