Re: packetized audio transmission using GMSK modulation

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: packetized audio transmission using GMSK modulation
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2020 13:11:55 +0200

Hi Amir,

you're right, the packet encoder and decoder have *long* been deprecated, because they sometimes simply drop data. Don't use them at all.

Also, you're using GNU Radio 3.7. Don't use that to design new software, it's really in "legacy maintenance". The current stable release series is 3.8.x.x.

Also, at least in your loopback.grc, you should NEVER use throttle in the same flowgraph as a hardware sink (i.e. the audio sink). GRC should print a warning about that, unless it's *really* old.

Are you sure your audio file contains audio sampled at the same rate that you let your audio sink sample?

Best regards,

Marcus