Finding performance issues

From: John Langworthy
Subject: Finding performance issues
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 20:29:37 +0100

Hello,

I am working on a fairly simple GMSK receiver that needs to run on a Raspberry Pi 4. Its dropping some large packets and I suspect a performance bottleneck somewhere. It runs perfectly on a desktop.

I think CtrlPort Monitor will help me find it and I’ve tried to build gnuradio with support for it, unsuccessfully at the moment.

I am surprised that I am having so much difficulty with CtrlPort Monitor, perhaps its not heavily used and hence maintained. What is the normal workflow for moving from desktop top to embedded, finding performance issues and determining how much CPU/timing headroom is left?

Thanks

John