Re: Sample Rate & Hardware Considerations Tutorial:     GNURadio.org

From: Ray Roberge
Subject: Re: Sample Rate & Hardware Considerations Tutorial:     GNURadio.org
Date: Sat, 2 May 2020 16:51:58 +0000 (UTC)

Barry,

I believe I know why the example sample rate was set that way in the past.

Many users use a RTL-SDR (RTL2832U chip with a R820T or E4000 tuner typically).
It works correctly over two groups of sample range: 225,001 -> 300,000 Hz and
900,00 -> 3,200,000 (or less).
If you choose a sample rate not in those ranges, the chip will "choose" a
sample rate that it will work with and a message is sent to STDIO to inform the
user.

So, you will see a lot of 250 KHz, 1 Msps and 2 Msps rate examples.

Thanks for updating the Tutorials!

Regards,
Ray Roberge
WACYB