New QTGUI Eye Sink proposal

From: Christophe Seguinot
Subject: New QTGUI Eye Sink proposal
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2020 11:13:53 +0100

Hi

I developed a QTGUI eye sink block for GRC and hope it will be interesting for the community. I will soon submit it as a pull request. The code was tested on the latest master branch (gnuradio 3.9) but it may be easily merge in 3.8 (I did 't tested it on 3.8).

I really want to congratulate developers for their good quality code of GNURadio. Without that I wouldn't have been able to develop this eye_sink.

The eye sink has been written starting from a raw copy of the time sink code:

Il must be noticed that a real eye diagram would be triggered with  a (recovered) symbol clock. For these reasons, triggering of noisy and/or unsynchronized (receiver) signals is tricky and may lead to incorrect eye pattern

Regards, Christophe