GRC General Comment & Question

From: John Wood
Subject: GRC General Comment & Question
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2020 06:41:22 -0500

Good morning Marcus, and to the other erudite, frequent contributors to this e-mail list.  I'm far from a subject matter expert on the GNU Radio Companion (GRC) but consider it to be one of the best examples of a user-friendly, mouse-driven, object-oriented programming environment.  My hat's off to its original creator(s).  Oh yeah, and the price is right ;-) The number of devices/tools available right out of the box is quite impressive IMO and the fact that GRC generates executable Python source code is a bonus.  My question is how relatively difficult is it to create a new device (USRP, filters, modulators etc) that can be dragged to the GRC work area?  Thanks for your time and comment.  VTY,

J.B. Wood