Re: Gnuradio in VM on Windows with out of tree modules?

From: Kyeong Su Shin
Subject: Re: Gnuradio in VM on Windows with out of tree modules?
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2019 07:35:59 +0000

Hello Morten:

It works. I did it before. You may experience some performance issues, especially due to the reduced USB performance. If the sampling rate of the system is relatively low, it may still work. I heared VMware works better, but I am not sure if that still holds (I am not up-to-date regarding that).

There are a few alternatives, including the GNU Radio live USB and multi-booting.

Regards,
Kyeong Su Shin

보낸 사람: Morten Hansen <address@hidden> 대신 Discuss-gnuradio <discuss-gnuradio-bounces+ksshin=address@hidden>
보낸 날짜: 2019년 11월 28일 목요일 오후 3:32
받는 사람: address@hidden <address@hidden>
제목: Gnuradio in VM on Windows with out of tree modules?

I want to run some experiments with gnuradio. As I have one main PC with Windows 10, I need to use that PC with Virtualbox and a Linux VM running Gnuradio.

Is the Gnuradio - VM - Windows10 approach workable?

Will I likely have any major performance issues with the Linix VM over Windows approach with gnuradio?

I plan to use Adalm Pluto SDR. Will there be any driver issues due to running the Linux VM on top of Windows?

Reason I want to have a Linux VM is that I will test some out of tree blocks/libraries.