Re: wimax chain

From: CEL
Subject: Re: wimax chain
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2019 13:11:48 +0000

Hi Eitan,

it's been a while since I've looked into IEEE802.16, but that's a very
regular OFDM system, isn't it, with a fixed OFDM symbol as short
preamble (for the downlink bursts), and a 2-symbol preamble for the
start of frame?

A simple correlation detector might do in that case; a bit nicer on the
acquisition speed per computational effort might be a fixed-length
correlator that detects the position of cyclic prefixes and could be
applied to a whole burst or even frame to get a good timing estimate
before you start decoding OFDM symbols.

Best regards,
Marcus

PS: Your email signature is kinda funny on a publicly archived mailing
list :D