Re: PlutoSDR & Mac - iio block issues??

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: PlutoSDR & Mac - iio block issues??
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2019 09:46:35 -0500

I -strongly- recommend against setting the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX to a system directory such as /usr when you are building from source (not using a package manager)! You never know what you're going to overwrite from the system itself, which can cause library loading breakage. When installing anything from source, use a "local" directory of some sort ... /usr/local is perfectly fine! Then, set environment variables to find the installed stuff: PATH, PYTHONPATH, PKG_CONFIG_PATH, MANPATH, INFOPATH, etc... That said, on OSX just please don't set DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH except for temporarily for testing purposes; doing so can really mess up application execution! My US$0.02 worth ... - MLD