delay

From: McClintick, Kyle W.
Subject: delay
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2019 22:10:51 +0000

Hello,
I am having issues calculating BER following the guided PSK demodulation tutorial. While the processing delay is 58 samples as shown in the tutorial, if I change out the channel model for USRP sink/sources, or even change the modulation/demodulation objects to QAM, the delay changes. I understand that I could embed a barker code or some other such a prior sequence and correlate for that, but the native blocks im finding as well as online suggestions are very vague and difficult to implement. If anyone has suggestions as to how to estimate this sample delay no matter the application, I would be very grateful.
Best,
Kyle McClintick