Re: named fifo (byte - byte transfer)

From: hamzeh elsayed
Subject: Re: named fifo (byte - byte transfer)
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2019 09:34:39 +0200

Dear all

Thanks for your help.

> Can you tell us why you want to process
> single bytes? Might be more of a job for message passing rather than
> sample streams."

what I need is to send data from one place to another And some times this data consist of small number of bytes, So what can I do to transmit these bytes if I don't know the size of buffer before sending?

So I need either to send each byte alone or to send a fixed number of stream bytes.

therefore, what is the solution?

> I'd still believe the error is in the way you interact with the fifo.
> Have you looked at setvbuf() or fflush()?
> (e.g. "setvbuf(f, (char *)NULL, _IONBF, 0);" )

I tried fflush() and setvbuf(), buffering also exist.

Best Regards